I am not the first person to make focaccia bread art, and I won’t be the last. But a lot of my friends and family have asked me to share my recipe and tips for making mine!
It is literally the easiest type of bread I’ve made, in the sense of it not taking a lot of kneading or proofing, and that you can make it as elaborate or simple as you want!
Here is what I used:
- Orange Peppers, Yellow Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers
- Spinach Leaves *I would sub out for basil or sage leaves to be more aromatic and flavourful
- Black Olives
- Cherry Tomatos
- Roasted Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Bread Supplies: Flour, Active Dry Yeast, Sugar, Kosher/Sea/Pink Salt, Garlic Powder, Olive Oil
- Herbs: Rosemary, Sage, Basil, Oregano, Thyme
How I made it:
1Tbsp active dry yeast
1 1/3cup warm water
3 cups all purpose flour
2tsp salt of choice
1tsp garlic powder
3-5 garlic cloves, roasted + minced (or just dry)
2Tbsp Olive Oil
Choice of vegetables
1/4cup parmesan cheese
- Combine the yeast in warm water with the sugar. Let it vibe on the side until the yeast blooms.
- Add 1tbsp oil, salt, sugar, garlic powder, herbs, and flour to a large bowl and mix with a spatula.
- After it’s come together but still flour-y, dump it on the counter and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put it in a greased bowl and turn it to cover it. Drop a towel on top of the bowl and let it rise for an hour (or more).
- After it’s doubled, knead it down again into a ball. Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Come back and spread it into your desired shape on a covered baking sheet. about 1.5-2 inches thick.
- Let it rise again (20-30 mins). Go chop your veggies for the top!
- Come back and dimple it with your fingers, brush it with olive oil, and then press your vegetables into the top.
- Give it a tiny sprinkle of salt, rosemary, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
And that’s it! It’s literally so easy and SO good. The best savoury bread ever!
Hi. I want to know if one can put veggies in the dough instead of on top